Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Long weekend activities - What NOT to do: Part One

So this weekend was a long one. I don't know which holiday it was, and honestly, I don't really care. Saturday, got home from work around 7am.

I started the weekend with my standard workout. I realized that the last month of exercise was not as strenuous as I thought, because as I increased the amount of weight I use on my dumbbells, I struggled a lot more than I usually did. So I'm hoping to get more results from now on.

After the workout, I had lunch with the family (which consists of mom, dad, and my sister Amanda) at this buffet on Kennedy and Courtneypark called Wasabi. It's called a Grand Buffet because it contains Chinese, Japanese, and Korean food. It's not a bad place to eat, but there are better places too.

Following lunch, Amanda and I went to our friend Jon's place, because it was his father's birthday. We struggled for 20 minutes trying to set up the volleyball net in his backyard. The boundaries were small, because there were many obstacles on the outskirts of the court.

After enjoying volleyball and playing on the Wii for a few hours, I went to see an old friend of mine. We got to talking, and I forgot that I had left the radio on for approximately two hours! So when I left said friend, my car wouldn't start. I didn't realize the battery was dead until after Jon had to fetch my father and bring him around to boost the car. I was terrified I had caused some permanent damage. But thankfully, no. So yeah, don't leave your battery running for a long time. It's not good for business.

No comments:

Post a Comment