Sunday, August 22, 2010

Buying Things at the Dollar Store.

There is this way that our mind plays tricks on us, where we're much more inclined to spend $20 in twenty $1 increments, rather than spending the full $20 on one thing. It's why people spend so much money at the strip club: it's just so darn easy to lose track of how many dollar bills you've shoved down that stripper's panties (in the US, anyway).

The same is true for people who shop at the dollar store, myself included. You just find so many things you're willing to spend a single loonie on something you didn't think you needed. You convince yourself that you need it, and since it's so cheap, you just HAVE to get it. Today, I bought Tarp. You know, that big blue sheet you use to cover your car or boat so rain doesn't get in there. I didn't just buy one. I bought two. Two 4x6ft tarps...for no real reason except that they were only 1.25+tax each. I also purchased a microfibre cloth, fine-tip markers, epoxy glue, and very nearly purchased myself another laser pointer. Eventually, I stopped looking for stuff, because I didn't want to spend TOO MUCH money. But yeah, I still have no real use for the Tarp(s). Tablecloth? Floor runner for my student house? Probably the second one, since one of my roommates has a dog that before I decided to live there, defecated and urinated in my room on a regular basis. The poo is gone, but the stains remain...as a reminder that I'm getting shafted on this deal. I'm pretty sure my room was like... a workout/utility room for the rest of the house converted into a legitimate bedroom. I don't mind though, the shelves in my closet are already labelled for my weights. :)

Anyway, this is getting to be a little tl:dr. So I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment