Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Shiny things are TME

They're nice to look at, sure. They scream of prestige and cleanliness. But the maintenance of a shiny stainless steel surface is much TME for my taste. I prefer the scratchy, buffed metal look. That requires nearly no maintenance. I scratched my shiny new iPod the other day, and the little vain voice inside my head cried for days. I am however, a pragmatist, and as such, to never have to worry about blemishing the "perfect" surface of the iPod ever again, I chose to make it imperfect. So I took 600-grade sandpaper and made the metal backing of the device nice and rough, removing the scratch, slightly fading the Apple logo, and making it look like it's been used quite a bit. I don't worry about scratches anymore. It'll just add to the aesthetic I've created.

No comments:

Post a Comment