Tuesday, August 10, 2010

So this past Sunday was the final day of Beerfest 2010.

I was feeling so tired from having such little sleep over the previous 6 days, but no matter, I was getting to see some of my old friends, so I got in the car with my buddy Walter and we headed down to Toronto to my Twin friends' place. The one who set this whole group outing, one Laurie Karnis, was considerate enough to remember I was lactose intolerant when she ordered food for all of us. So she ordered me a vegan pizza. Problem was, they put feta cheese on it. That's not vegan, but whatever. I ate it anyway.

We get to the place, and were given a plastic cup, and 5 drink tokens. First drink I sample is 2 tokens, so clearly, this was going to prove to be an expensive day. By the time the Fest closes, I'm pretty buzzed, closer to the drunk side, standing on the streetcar while a bunch of drunk Fest-ers are chanting random songs. I wanted to join in, but I resisted. I can't be a douchebag all the time.

Anywho, the majority of the group proceeded to go to sushi for dinner, but I was full...of beer, so I went to a pub with my friend Garrett to drink MORE beer.

10:30pm, everyone meets back up, some people part ways, and we end up back at the Twins' place. I was fairly inebriated at this point, so 5 minutes after Laurie throws on an episode of True Blood, I'm passed out.

Beer + Friends - $120 = good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment