Thursday, June 17, 2010

Killing Time At Work

EDIT: 3 days in a row this week, I made small bows and arrows at work out of sheer boredom. I am proud to say that ability to construct this device is great. It worked as expected. I only wish I had the nards to shoot it at the clock (the tip of the arrow is a paper clip, so I might break the clock). =]

Some days at work for me, generally wednesday and friday nights, I finish my primary and secondary duties relatively early, usually at 5:00am (2 hours before clocking out). They do not send you home when you have nothing to do, so when this happens, I get to dick around for 120 minutes. You could easily just stare at ceiling tiles or hum things to yourself, but I think it's much more enjoyable to abuse laboratory supplies. And when I say lab supplies, I'm not really talking about test tubes and pipettes. Really, I'm just playing with standard office supplies

- pens
- rubber bands
- tape
- paper clips
- latex gloves (okay, I guess this is a lab supply)

Usually, I fling rubber bands at the clock, which is located about 8 feet above the ground, about 12 feet from where I was sitting. You'd think it was easy, but I'm pretty shitty at it. I did manage to hit it last friday though, which was surprising. I have yet to hit it a second time.

Last night, I got a little creative and tried to develop new forms of firing rubber bands or other small items at people or objects. I even managed to create a small bow and arrow using multiple rubber bands, bent paper clips and tape. It was pretty shitty, so I threw it out.

I also stage sword fights between my two hands, using pens or wooden sticks, and use latex gloves as balloons.

2 hours later, I clock out, having been paid for wasting resources. I kinda rule.

No comments:

Post a Comment